Amendments to the Mandatory Submission of SAWT, MAP, BIR Form No. 2307 and BIR Form N. 2316 under RR No. 2-2015
The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) recently issued Revenue Regulations (RR) No. 2-2015 to amend the pertinent provisions of RR No. 2-2006 and No. 11-2013 with regards to the submission of copies of BIR Form Nos. 2307 and 2316.
The provisions of Section 2.D. of RR No. 2-2006 are amended as follows:
Section 2. Mandatory Submission of Summary Alphalist of Withholding Agents of Income Payments Subjected To Creditable Withholding Taxes (SAWT) by the Payee/Income Recipient and of Monthly Alphalist of Payees (MAP) Subjected to Withholding Tax by the Withholding Agent/Income Payor as attachment to their filed returns.
D. Return required to be filed with SAWT and Certificate of Creditable Tax Withheld at Source.
Provided, however, that the SAWT shall be submitted through the applicable modes of submission prescribed under RR No. 1-2014, using the entry and validation module of the BIR. On the other hand, in lieu of the submission of hard copies of Certificate of Creditable Tax Withheld at Source (BIR Form No. 2307) as an attachment to SAWT, the following procedures shall be strictly obeserved:
1. Scan the original copies of BIR Form No. 2307 through a scanning machine of device;
2. Store the soft copies of BIR Form No. 2307 using the “PDF” file format with the file names alphabetically arranged in a Digital Versatile Disk-Recordable (DVR-R). The file name shall contain the following information separated by an underline:
a. BIR-registered name of the taxpayer-payor;
b. Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN), including the head office code or branch of the payor, whichever is applicable; and
c. Taxable Period.
1. Example: Rizal Mfg. Corp_131885220000_09312014);
2. Label the DVD-R containing the soft copies of the said BIR forms in accordance with the format prescribed in Annex “A” of these Regulations; and
3. Submit the duly accomplished DVR-R to the BIR Office where the taxpayer is duly registered, together with a notarized Certification, using the format in Annex “C” of these Regulations, duly signed by the authorized representative of the taxpayer certifying that the soft copies of the said BIR form contained in the DVD-R are the complete and exact copies of the original thereof.
Please refer PDF File of the full text of Revenue Regulations No. 2-2015.