UPDATE: The Puerto Princesa Underground River (PPUR) has been selected as one of the provisional winners of the New 7 Wonders of Nature search. The voting calculation is now being checked, validated and independently verified, and the confirmed winners will be announced starting early 2012 during the Official Inauguration ceremonies.
Federation of Filipino-Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Inc.
HELP PROMOTE PHILIPPINE TOURISM!
Support PUERTO PRINCESA UNDERGROUND RIVER to be one of the NEW 7 WONDERS OF NATURE!
The Federation of Filipino-Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (FFCCCII) expressed its full support to the PPUR campaign in response to the call of President Benigno S. Aquino III for the Federation to vigorously promote it during the Oathtaking Ceremonies of FFCCCII officers in Malacañang last June 6, 2011 – the same date of the Official Launching of the PPUR Campaign also in Malacañang.
In support of the campaign, the Federation came up with the following activities to encourage the public and the Chinese-Filipino community in particular, to vote PPUR in the search for New Seven Wonders of Nature:
• Remind all officers and members to vote through text or internet
• Promote the PPUR campaign and encourage everyone to vote by distributing PPUR leaflets whenever there are events or occasions
• Publish PPUR ads in local Chinese newspapers frequently and include the PPUR campaign in FFCCCII ads in major newspapers, tabloids, other publications, and website
• Meet with local Chinese newspapers and members of the Chinese-Filipino Columnist Association to disseminate the PPUR information to the Chinese-Filipino community
• Display the PPUR campaign streamers in the Federation Center and offices of member organizations/companies
• Distribute 500 PPUR tarpaulin streamers to Chinese-Filipino volunteer fire brigades to be displayed in their firetrucks so the public can see it
Through the PPUR campaign, FFCCCII seeks to help promote Philippine tourism which can greatly contribute toward the growth of the economy. 11/21/11.