The Federation of Filipino-Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Inc. received the “Outstanding Contribution Awards” during the 7th Conference for Friendship of Overseas Chinese Associations held on June 2014 in Beijing, China. The event was attended by more than 500 representatives from 119 countries. It is jointly hosted by the Overseas Chinese Affairs Office of the State Council of China and the China Overseas Exchange Association. Dr. Alfonso Siy, FFCCCII President received the Plaque from Director Qiu Yuanping, Head of Overseas Chinese Affairs Office. Also present were FFCCCII Honorary President Tan Ching, Executive Vice President Angel Ngu, Board Members Jose Go, Richard Ang, and Ben Ang.
Out of 119 countries, the 10 awardees of the “Outstanding Contribution Awards” were chosen for their contribution to their respective countries and local community, promote assimilation, active participation in government, promote culture and safeguard the people’s interest.
The awardees according to order are:
1. Federation of Filipino-Chinese Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Inc. (citing FFCCCII’s barrio school donations, medical missions, volunteer fire brigades, and relief operations in times of calamities)
2. Australian Chinese Aid Center
3. Chinese Planning Association of England
4. General Association of Chinese Schools Directors and Teachers of Malaysia
5. Federation of Chinese Associations of Suriname
6. Chinese Professional Association of Canada
7. Chinese Citizen Police Cooperation Center of South Africa
8. Chinese Young Entrepreneurs Association of Thailand
9. Chinese Planning Association of U.S.A.
10. Chinese Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii, U.S.A.